Acid Reflux and GERD Diagnostic Tests
GI Solutions of Illinois offers a variety of diagnostic tests to detect, diagnose, and monitor acid reflux and GERD. The diagnostic services offered include
- Wireless PH Study – Measures how often stomach contents reflux into the lower esophagus and how much acid the reflux actually contains.
- PH Impedance Testing – Detects acidic and nonacidic reflux using the PH and impedance information.
- Esophageal Manometry Testing – Tests if the esophagus is able to move food to the stomach normally.
- Esophageal Impedance Testing – Evaluates the extent of gastric reflux into the esophagus
- Upper GI X-ray – Produces images of the esophagus, stomach, and small intestine used to help detect GERD.
- Esophagram – An examination where the physician watches the flow of liquid from the mouth to the stomach through a fluoroscope.
- EndoFLIP® – A recently developed technology used to enhance current gastrointestinal diagnostic tests.
If you would like to schedule an appointment to evaluate acid reflux and GERD symptoms, contact GI Solutions of Illinois at (773) 631-2728