Acid Reflux and GERD Diagnostic Tests
GI Solutions of Illinois offers a variety of diagnostic tests to detect, diagnose, and monitor acid reflux and GERD. The diagnostic services offered include
- Wireless PH Study – Measures how often stomach contents reflux into the lower esophagus and how much acid the reflux actually contains.
- PH Impedance Testing – Detects acidic and nonacidic reflux using the PH and impedance information.
- Esophageal Manometry Testing – Tests if the esophagus is able to move food to the stomach normally.
- Esophageal Impedance Testing – Evaluates the extent of gastric reflux into the esophagus
- Upper GI X-ray – Produces images of the esophagus, stomach, and small intestine used to help detect GERD.
- Esophagram – An examination where the physician watches the flow of liquid from the mouth to the stomach through a fluoroscope.
- EndoFLIP® – A recently developed technology used to enhance current gastrointestinal diagnostic tests.